Here are a couple of troubleshooting steps for you to try. If you still cannot get it to work, we can jump on a phone call tomorrow and I can help you with it over the phone.
- Charge the printer completely
- Ensure you have the printer connected to your laptop with the USB cable. Also, make sure that the USB cable is firmly plugged into your printer.
- Make sure you are running the Zebra Printer application. You can launch this by going to Start, search Zebra, and click "Zebra Browser Print". This will launch the zebra print driver. You will see the zebra icon in the application tray at the lower-right-hand corner of your screen. Right-click on the zebra icon and click Settings. You will see a button at the top of the new window called change. When you select this button the printer will appear if it is connected and turned on. Click the button titled "Set" to select that printer.
- Make sure you are using Google Chrome as your web browser. Don't use Windows Microsoft Edge.
- Click the extensions puzzle piece icon in the upper right-hand corner of your Chrome browser and click the bug icon labeled "CORS Unblock" to enable the extension necessary to allow printing. Just remember to turn this off by clicking the button again when you are finished working in PROSALE. This is only necessary for printing on a PC.
If you still have trouble you can reach us by submitting a support request to firstname.lastname@example.org